Nycom is a 38 year old company focused on “Excellence and Customer Allegiance”. With offices throughout the Southeast, our specialty is interior construction involving laboratory casework (furniture), millwork, exhaust hoods and equipment for clients in the Educational, Industrial, Research and Healthcare markets.
Nycom is looking for technically minded individuals for the role of Inside Sales Engineer. This position is offered out of our Morrisville, NC, Midlothian, VA, or Acworth, GA offices.
Inside Sales Engineer (ISE) Job Description:
ISE is a hybrid role between Estimator and AutoCAD Drafter designed to support our sales team. This is an entry level position with lots of training opportunities. Previous Experience in AutoCAD drafting, construction, or estimating is desirable but not required for the right candidate. ISEs can go on to further careers in Project Management, Sales, Estimating, and Drafting. The work is fast paced, and you will interact with a variety of people on many different projects.
- Use AutoCAD and/or Revit to create initial drawings for Lab Casework projects.
- Use Microsoft Excel and other company software to estimate and provide pricing for projects drawn.
- Read and interpret architectural plans and specifications.
- Update drawings and estimates as needed through the project development lifecycle.
- Communicate internally with Account Managers and Project Managers on progress and status of projects.
- Collect project documentation and establish project files using company standards.
- Set up new projects within company software.
- Identify areas of concern in the design and estimate and suggest solutions.
- Use internal software to budget projects.
- Become an expert on all products supplied by Nycom.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a STEM related field.
- Excellent computer skills, especially proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Willing to work hard and learn new skills.
- Proactive with a strong desire to make projects successful for our customers.
Our compensation package includes:
- Medical benefits with HSA
- Wellness program
- 3 Weeks PTO
The ideal candidate is very detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage time and priorities to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. If you meet our criteria and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, then Nycom is interested in you. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Candidates who do not complete the Indeed assessments for this posting will not be given equal consideration.
If candidates are seeking future PE licensure, this position will *not* satisfy the requirements of working as an engineer for 4 years under a PE.
A pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check will be a requirement to starting employment.
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications.
No Phone calls, please. Send your resume and cover letter through Indeed only. Link Here.